Wednesday, October 10, 2007

wanderlust

I have always had this thing in me...pulling at my being. To go. To move. To try life somewhere else...

I wonder - how many people can identify with me on this reoccurring, nagging feeling of w a n d e r l u s t. I love to see, to feel, to explore... Every time I travel, my soul feels fed. I wonder if I do take the risk, follow my heart, will this feeling ever subside? Will the need ever be fed? What if I start to wonder...and never return?

I have always said I'll end up back in good ol' MN when I'm settled. Will I ever be "settled"? Maybe being settled feeds someone's soul like traveling to new places feeds mine. I wonder which is the blessing, and which is the curse. Embrace, instead of wonder.

I'm excited to experience China this month. And maybe someday, I'll wander...

1 comment:

andrea said...

wander over to the west siiiiiiide! u can sleep in my bed.